I get bored with my reflection in the mirror. We can at times get so comfortable with a certain look. Upper East Side blow out and pale pink polish, nude gloss. Classy but boring if this is your go to look every time. I came across the above photo in an old Glamour magazine and felt inspired. Not that I need additional stimuli since I sometime feel overwhelmed by beauty ideas. All you need is a shift like a teal polish or eyeliner. Just one detail! Bright idea: Punchy colorful lipstick not lip gloss but full on grown up lipstick. Easier than it looks but commitment is required.
Maintain the skin almost bare (B.B. cream and powder), champagne eyeshadow creates the perfect eye lid base, line with pencil or liquid liner and complete with lashings of mascara.
I always extend my foundation to my lips or put a bit of concealer around my lip line focusing on the outer corners. This trick helps the lipstick stay put and allows you to enhance or correct your natural lip line. Then, I line my lips with the matching color or with a nude (flesh tone) pencil. Apply lipstick in the center of the lip avoiding the edges of the mouth. Blot very lightly with tissue, repeat one more time and finish application with a lipstick brush contouring the lip line. For touch ups make sure you carry the lip pencil or a portable lip brush (to re contour your lips) and the lipstick.
Here a re some colors that you may want to put on tonight
- Lorac Cream Lipstick in Baby Doll (light pink)
- Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick #11 Love Test (Blueish Fushia)
- Y.S.L Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Lipstick in #7 Lingerie Pink (Creamy Pink)
- Y.S.L Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Lipstick in #17 Red Muse (Bright Orange Red)
- Make Up Forever rouge Artist n#31 Purple (Light Fushia)
- M.A.C Sheen Supreme in Gotta Dash (Light Orange Peach)
Now you’re ready for your air kisses!
Bisous, bisous xoxo
Ms. Lynn Beauty